Department of Computer Science
Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne
What is New
- [May 2017] My proposal "Internet of Things in Space" has been selected for funding by Indiana Space Grant Consortium.
- [Apr. 2017] Receiving the IPFW IRSC Faculty Conference Travel Grant for traveling to Atlanta to present our paper at HotPOST 2017.
- [Mar. 2017] Our paper "Modeling the Spread of Influence for Independent Cascade Diffusion Process in Social Networks" was accepted to HotPOST 2017, in conjunction with IEEE ICDCS 2017.
- [Mar. 2017] My draft submitted to the 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, "Applying Scrum to Manage a Senior Capstone Project", has been approved.
- [Mar. 2017] Our collaborative proposal with Prof. Guoping Wang, "Designing and Implementing a Smart Home Based on Internet of Things," has been funded by IPFW IRSC Collaborative Research Grants.
- [Jan. 2017] Abdullah Eroglu, Guoping Wang, Chao Chen from ECE and I were awarded a grant with Harris for their Digital Signal Processing Initiative project.
- [Dec. 2016] I am becoming an IEEE Senior member!
- [Nov. 2016] Our senior design team is approved to receive IEEE Standards Education Grant for the project "Redundant Failover Seamless-IP-Stack (RFSIS)."
- [Aug. 2016] Our paper "Self-Stopping Epidemic Routing in Cooperative Wireless Mobile Sensor Networks" was accepted to the Ninth IEEE International Workshop on Selected Topics in Wireless and Mobile computing (STWiMob 2016).
- [June 2016] Our paper "Toward Understanding Spatial Dependence on Epidemic Thresholds in Networks" was accepted to the Workshop on Social Influence 2016.
- [June 2016] Our senior design team was recognized at the Allen County Public Library Audio Reading Service Volunteer Recognition Celebration Luncheon on June 9, 2016.
- [May 2016] Congratulations to Kurtis for his Undergraduate Summer Research Support application has been selected for funding!
- [Apr. 2016] Proposal for participation in the May 19-20 retreat entitled "Course Design with Student Engagement in Mind" has been accepted by CELT.
- [Dec. 2015] The research project "Information Dissemination in Online Social Networks" is selected for 2016 Summer Faculty Grant from the Purdue Research Foundation (PRF).
- [Dec. 2015] Our senior design team is approved to receive IEEE Standards Education Grant for the project "Audio Reading Service Listener Web and Mobile Interface."
- [Aug. 2015] Our paper "Characterising Heterogeneity in Vulnerable Hosts on Worm Propagation" was accepted to International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN).
Dr. Chen received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology in 2005 and 2007. He also holds B.E. and M.E. degrees from the Department of Electronic Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China in 1998 and 2001, respectively. He worked as an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Florida International University from 2007 to 2009. He moved to Fort Wayne in 2009 and worked as a limited term lecturer in the Department of Engineering and in the Department of Computer Science from 2009 to 2015 at Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne. He also worked as a software engineer at TransWorks from 2012 to 2015.
- Information dissemination in social networks and in mobile sensor networks
- Internet of things
- Cognitive radio networks
- Network security, especially modeling and defending against Internet worm and botnet attacks
- Performance evaluation of communication networks