1. What does the term
"fantasy" mean here? What is a fantasy chain/group
fantasy? What are examples from groups you belong to?
2. What are fantasy themes? Symbolic cues? Fantasy types? Rhetorical visions? What are examples from groups you belong to?
3. So briefly, in your own words, what is symbolic convergence theory?
4. What fantasy themes and fantasy types emerge in the discussion in Putnam et al on pp. 93-97? Which ones do you recognize from groups/organizations you’ve been part of?
5. What is symbolic convergence theory good for? What do you learn by identifying fantasy themes?
6. What else needs to be said about either
of these readings, or about symbolic convergence, that we haven't
said yet? What questions do you have?
Reading Guides | Go to
Syllabus | Go to
Go to Assignments | Go to Irwin's Main Page | E-Mail Irwin
Copyright © 2001-2018 Irwin Mallin
Last Updated: 10 January 2018