Women in French Conference
Wagner College, NY
June 10-13, 2010
WIF is pleased to announce its next conference, to be held June 10‐13, 2010 at Wagner College, Staten Island, New York City. We presently invite proposals for special sessions related to this year’s theme: Women's Self-Narrative Across the Francophone World
Possible topics for consideration are:
* testimonial narrative
* filmic autobiography
* art/photography/performance in autobiography
* bande dessinée and autobiography
* the self between languages (or written in a language other than the writer's
* epistolary autobiography
* different approaches to the self across centuries
* home, space and belonging in autobiography
Proposals for panels in other areas are also welcome. Please send panel proposals by Friday 3 July detailing the title of the panel, the contact details of the proposer and a justification of 200 words (click here for PDF panel proposal form) to:
Calendar of Submissions
This calendar is tentative but should give members an idea ofthis year’s procedure –dates may be slightly modified if needed. Dates will be confirmed at each step and more information on the conference itseld (housing etc…) will be provided in Fall.
1. July 3: deadline for submitting topics for panels, detailed contact, and 200‐300 word proposals (please indicate “WIF conference” in your email subject to avoid the loss of messages.
2. Around July 15: panel topics + contact will be emailed to member list.
Deadline to propose a paper for one of the panels proposed around
3. September 30 deadline for panel organizers to make their selection, notify
4. October 15 deadline for panel organizers to send their final list of
participants with paper abstracts by October 15th).
October 15: deadline to send individual papers that were not accepted for
5. By the end of November – mid December, participants will be notified. Note that deadlines are a bit tight because the date and place of the
conference were decided upon only a few weeks ago. They need however to be respected so that the committee can move on with the organization swiftly.
For the 2010 WIF conference committee